Davis Polk counsel Jeanine McGuinness will be among the speakers at SIFMA’s 2018 Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crimes conference. McGuinness will speak on the “Current State of Russia and Venezuela Sanctions & Development of a Risk-Based Control Framework” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- Current prohibitions and authorizations and how guidance is being applied in this highly complex and evolving area
- How these restrictions differ across jurisdictions globally
- How these sanctions are likely to evolve
- Tension points for compliance teams within large sophisticated financial institutions
- Insight on developing an appropriate control framework to ensure ongoing compliance
The program will be held February 12-13, 2018, in New York.
For more information, please visit the event website.