The Davis Polk fintech practice group combines our market-leading financial regulatory, technology and transactional practices, which enables us to provide a comprehensive service offering to clients operating in or investing in the fintech space.
The fintech practice draws upon Davis Polk’s deep experience in capital markets, data security and privacy, corporate transactions, financial regulations, intellectual property and technology to help clients invest in, fund, develop and market the innovative services and products that are revolutionizing the financial services and technology industries.
Davis Polk’s exceptional legal team includes highly experienced deal lawyers, subject matter consultants and former top regulators and senior financial institution in-house counsels who possess extensive technical sophistication and a deep understanding of the fintech industry.
Our fintech practice provides strategic, transactional and regulatory advice to a wide array of both established and emerging participants in the fintech space, including:
- Banking organizations
- Marketplace lending platforms
- Payments companies and systems
- Virtual currency and blockchain companies and products
- Card issuers and networks
- Exchanges and alternative trading systems
- Information and deal portals
- Data analytics firms
- Financial market utilities and service providers
In addition, we routinely represent investment banks, private equity and venture capital firms and other financial investors who are active in this space.
Davis Polk’s capabilities and experience include:
- Counseling start-up and mature fintech companies and financial institutions on regulatory, licensing, corporate structure and compliance issues, including with respect to:
- Bank chartering, neobanks and federal preemption issues
- Bitcoin and blockchain issues
- Anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance
- Advising companies, underwriters, lenders and investors on the full lifecycle of financings and exit strategies, including:
- Seed, venture capital and private equity investments
- Private round, IPO and follow-on offerings
- Acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures
- Advising clients on key collaboration, commercial and other strategic agreements, including with respect to the acquisition, development and exploitation of IP and technology.
Our seasoned lawyers across multiple disciplines, combined with the firm’s global reach, allows our clients to develop and implement their vision and business plan both in the United States and abroad, as well as structure, negotiate and successfully close complex transactions, commercial collaborations and financings – and to do so seamlessly in a rapidly evolving legal and regulatory environment.
Focused commentary on the latest in cybersecurity preparedness, regulatory compliance and incident response
For more information on our Cyber Blog, visit dpwcyberblog.com >>